THE SENSICAL SOCIETY!
MUST READ: PHILLY TSS MEETUPS, TIPS & TOPICS
Philadelphia TSS MEETUPS: Join The Sensical Society Meetup
We decided that, due to Covid, we would have 2 meetups a month, 2 weeks apart, one in-person and one on Zoom, particularly for those who canít make the in-person meetings. We will do the Zoom meetup on the 1st Thursday 7-8:30 pm, and the in-person meetups on the 3rd Sunday of the month (10-noon).
1ST PART of meetup: 1/2 hour to hour of NEWS & ISSUES
2ND PART: SKILLS SHARE ("show & tell") & FUN
The NEWS & ISSUES can be personal, local, regional, national, or global. And 'fun' can be jokes, singing, dance, band, cornhole, darts, sports, whatever...
WILD FOOD, FIBER, AND MEDICINE
HOT BUTTON HEALTH ISSUES
Notebook & Meetup 'suggested' topics ... or just go with current interests & concerns
JAN: Life Skills, Manners, & More
FEB: Survival Skills, Local Self-Reliance, DIY, and Made In America
MAR: Good Health, Bad Toxins, & The Environment
APR: Money & Society
MAY: News, Social Media, Big Tech
JUN: Beautiful Towns & Lovely Countryside
JUL: National Defense & Universal Service
AUG: Travel, Recreation, & Sports
SEP: Education, Knowledge, & Skills
OCT: Conspiracies & The Supernatural
NOV: Government & Democracy
DEC: The Arts & Inspiration
'SKILLS SHARE' IDEAS TO EXPLORE:
Survival Skills is such a huge topic, like foraging, that you could include something about it in every meeting.
GROUP ORGANIZING TIPS: Right now there is only one group in Philadelphia, but the information below is for people who want to create more groups and post them on this website or their own.
- Make as many of your meetings out-of-doors as possible. People love being in the fresh air!
- All members of any group should share their phone/cell numbers and addresses just in case the Internet goes down.
- Contact LynnLandes@gmail.com if you want her to post your group and contact information (contact name, email/phone, city, state, country)
- Your group or meetings can be as big or small as you like, just keep in mind that many people have small houses, so 10 may be a good number.
- You can create your own website and have people contact you directly, or use social media; however some social media censor their members.
- Your group can be set up as a 'meetup', where the 'organizer' runs the show; or you can run it as an organization with a president and board of directors.
- Your group can be private or public, plus the make-up can be mixed, all women, all men, under 50, over 50, etc.
- Your group may want to schedule additional meetings for special events, topics, and activities.
- If you want to charge a fee, that's up to the organizer or organization.
- How to prevent someone from always dominating the conversation? Option, use a talking stick to limit how long any one person can talk at one time,
- How to handle difficult personalities? You can remove them from the group if necessary. They can always start their own group.
- End your meetings with a hopeful and helpful message!
- You can organize your NOTEBOOK according to the calendar above or by topic
- Tell your story & express your opinions about various topics and issues
- List skills you would like to learn or share
- List what MAKES SENSE & NO SENSE to you!
- List your goals, philosophy, snappy sayings, etc.
- List your favorite news sources and social media outlets.
- List your favorite things: people, music, film, art, literature, vacation, games, hobby, jokes, riddles, etc..